My delicious Chicken Fajitas is a family favourite! It’s simple and yummy and something my little ones love too! You can very easily just eat it without the tortillas for a lower carb option as well!
These delicious Chicken Fajitas pack a punch in flavour and if you plan ahead and make the Tortillas earlier it can be a quick 30 minute meal!
Write a review
- 200g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 200g Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon Celtic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 80g Olive Oil
- 200g Water
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Red Onions, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 Red Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Green Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Celtic Salt
- 2 Lebanese Cucumbers, finely diced
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely diced
- 1/4 Bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Salt
- Paprika, for sprinkling on top
- 250ml Sour Cream, for serving
SWEET PEPPERS (OPTIONAL)
- 500g Mixed Sweet Peppers
- 4 Tbsp Olive or Coconut Oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Celtic Salt
- Place the flour, baking powder & salt into the Thermomix. Mix 5 Sec/Speed6. Add the water and olive oil and knead 20 Sec. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions. Roll out on a floured surface to 8-10 inch rounds.
- In a large non-stick frypan, cook the tortillas for 1 minute each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and add the onion. Fry until beginning to caramelise. Add the capsicum and fry a little longer. Then add the chicken along with all the spices and salt. Cook turning for 3-5 minutes until all the chicken is cooked through. Set aside and keep warm. (You can do this step on the BBQ if you have one for a beautiful charred result or on a griddle pan).
- Place all the diced salsa ingredients into a bowl and just before serving add the ground coriander, fresh coriander, lemon, olive oil and salt. Toss to combine.
- Place the garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 Sec/Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add all the other ingredients and process 10-15 Sec/Speed 5.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan. Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
- To assemble the Fajitas, grab a tortilla and top with chicken, salsa, guacamole, peppers & sour cream. Roll up and eat! Yum yum yum!!!
Kitch'n Thyme http://kitchnthyme.com.au/