I’m finally sharing these with you all! I’ve had a number of friends ask me for my muesli bars recipe recently…and some not so recently!! With school going back it’s a must share right now! They are so quick easy and really take no time to make as they require no baking! They are full of nutritious seeds and nuts, with much lower sugar content than shop bought packaged ones that cost the earth!
They do have oats in them, so they aren’t gluten free. However, they can easily be made gluten free. To do so, omit the oats and replace with 100g of either organic puffed rice, cornflakes, quinoa flakes, extra nuts, seeds or coconut flakes or a mixture of all of them!
You can also make them completely nut free by omitting the almonds if your school is nut free. Just replace with extra seeds or dried fruit. Otherwise you can make my Paleo Lunchbox Squares as another option.
These bars are sweetened with Honey and Coconut Sugar. You can use just honey if you prefer. I like the flavour of Coconut Palm Sugar with its Caramel tones. Either way, the sweetener in them is still a sugar, so they are definitely a treat, and something to eat in conjunction with a well balanced diet.
This is just one flavour combo that works really well. I also love Macadamia and Peach, or Chocolate Chip & Macadamia! So many options really! Just go to town on your favourite nuts or dried fruits!
- 100g Organic Rolled Oats
- 80g Sunflower Seeds
- 80g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Sesame Seeds
- 80g Desiccated Coconut
- 80g Roasted Almonds, halved
- 50g Unsweetened Cranberries
- 50g Coconut Chips
- 30g Chia Seeds
- 130g Honey
- 50g Coconut Palm Sugar
- 130g Organic Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line a 27cm x 18cm slice tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Toast the oats until golden brown and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sunflower, pumpkin, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut and toast until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the almonds, cranberries, coconut chips & chia seeds and toss well to combine.
- Place the honey, sugar, butter and vanilla into the Thermomix and cook 8 Mins/115°/Speed 2. ( Use Varoma heat on the TM31.)
- Pour the hot mix over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a spatula. Pour the mix into the prepared tray and press down firmly and smooth with your hands. Refrigerate until set firm, about 1-2 hours. Once set, cut into bars and place into an airtight container. Store in the fridge.