Creamy breakfast polenta is something I’ve been making since I was just a little kid! Of course not in the Thermomix as we didn’t have one back then but over the stove it’s almost just as simple! It’s super quick and easy and perfect when you’re on the go and need breakfast on the table fast!
This makes a really great breakfast for babies. Both my kids loved/love it! With babies under 1 I don’t add the honey, and reduce the dates and then its perfect.
I use coconut cream and water, however you can use any dairy free milk or even dairy milk if you like. I love the creaminess and taste of the coconut cream though, it’s just delicious.
The dates add a lot to this polenta. As I don’t add much sweetener, the dates add nice little pops of sweet with each mouthful. You can increase or decrease according to your tastebuds!
And it’s really as simple as that! Top with extra coconut cream and fresh blueberries, or any beautiful fresh berries and away you go!
- 100g Polenta
- 200g Coconut Cream or Almond Milk
- 200g Water
- 20g Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- pinch celtic sea salt
- 50g Dates, chopped roughly
- 125g Fresh Blueberries
- Place the polenta, coconut cream, water, honey, vanilla, and salt into the Thermomix and cook 5 Mins/100°/Speed 2.
- Add the dates and cook a further 1 Min/100°/Speed 1/Reverse.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with extra coconut cream and fresh blueberries. Yummo!